Update 9/6/23: This position has now been filled. Keep checking our website for further opportunities.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, Part Time
Would you like to work with a motivated and forward looking team to make a difference to the children and families of South Bristol?
At Hartcliffe Nursery School we are looking for a passionate early-year’s class teacher to deliver high-quality and inspiring early education in a nurturing environment. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will be part of creating an inspiring learning environment, support children’s learning and development within a supportive and considered daily routine and plan for children’s experiences as we work together to continue to develop and deliver an aspirational and child-centred curriculum.
WHY CHOOSE US
For nearly five decades Hartcliffe Nursery School has been at the heart of the community. Generations of families have attended the school and some of the staff are themselves former parents and pupils. This stands as testament to the warm, nurturing, family-centred ethos that we work tirelessly to maintain We are at an exciting stage in our history as we work together to offer our children and families an aspirational and outstanding early education following the covid-19 pandemic and a challenging Ofsted judgement.
We are blessed with wonderful outside play areas, including the natural “Forest” area and landscaped play spaces designed and built by The Green Play Project. Our purpose built school is light and spacious and provides the children with a top-class learning environment in which they can excel. We offer the opportunity to join a warm and professional team who hold the needs of children and families at the heart of everything they do. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a classroom team with experienced and enthusiastic professionals to support and plan for children’s learning at the end of each school day.
At Hartcliffe Nursery School, we have a higher-than-average number of children with Special Educational Needs and children who are in receipt of Early Years Pupil Premium; our team work hard to ensure that every child can attend the school whatever their strengths and needs.
Our successful candidate will be a confident and independent person, with the skills and attributes to lead a team of experienced early years practitioners. They will have a sound knowledge of early years pedagogy and experience of working in the early years. Above all else, they will be warm, caring and fun with a great sense of humour who wants the opportunity to make a difference to the children and families in this community.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Part time or full time positions available.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child and staff member to reach their full potential,
- Collaborative working with two other South Bristol Nursery Schools.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop with support from Bristol Local Authority officers.
- Onsite parking.
- Good facilities – large spacious classrooms and an extensive outdoor area.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status). – not available to NQT’s at this time
- A Good Honours Degree.
- 2 year(s) teaching experience.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both the children and a team of practitioners.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience within a Reception class or Early Years setting
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the head teacher for an informal conversation.
Hartcliffe Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to the requirements of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) and satisfactory references which will be requested and obtained prior to the interview
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. To achieve our commitment we will ensure continuous improvement and development of robust Safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of Safeguarding amongst our staff. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.